TriStar Health will host an opioid take-back event to raise awareness about the proper disposal of medications and the dangers of opioid misuse on Saturday, Oct. 23. Called “Crush the Crisis,” the event aligns with the Drug Enforcement Administration’s National Prescription Drug Take Back Day and invites community members to safely and anonymously dispose of unused or expired prescription medications.
Law enforcement officers will collect tablets, capsules and patches of hydrocodone (Norco, Lortab, Vicodin), oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet), tramadol (Ultram), codeine, fentanyl (Duragesic), morphine, hydromorphone (Dilaudid) and oxymorphone (Opana). Needles, syringes, lancets or liquids will not be accepted. COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place at the event, including universal masking, social distancing, removal of high-touch items and a drive-thru collection option.
TriStar Health is participating as part of HCA Healthcare’s third annual national “Crush the Crisis” opioid take-back day. In the fall of 2020, HCA Healthcare facilities collected more than 13,500 pounds of unused and expired medication at nationwide “Crush the Crisis” events.
“TriStar Health is committed to raising awareness in our communities about the dangers of opioid addiction,” Dr. Tama VanDecar, TriStar Health’s chief medical officer, said in a news release. “One way we can prevent misuse and diversion of these potentially addictive medications is through proper disposal. ‘Crush the Crisis’ events provide our communities an opportunity to safely and anonymously discard opioid medication.”
“Crush the Crisis” will take place 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 23. The community is invited to safely and anonymously dispose of unused or expired prescription medication at the following TriStar Health facilities:
• TriStar Centennial Medical Center, 2400 Patterson St., Nashville. (Medication collection is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
• TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center, 355 New Shackle Island Road, Hendersonville
• TriStar Horizon Medical Center, 111 Highway 70 E., Dickson. (Medication collection is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
• TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital, 1801 Ashley Circle, Bowling Green, Kentucky
• TriStar Skyline Medical Center, 3441 Dickerson Pike, Nashville
• TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center, 391 Wallace Road, Nashville
• TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center, 200 StoneCrest Blvd., Smyrna
• TriStar Summit Medical Center, 5655 Frist Blvd., Hermitage. (Medication collection is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
• TriStar Spring Hill ER, 3001 Reserve Blvd., Spring Hill. (Medication collection is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
For more information go to TriStarHealth.com/CrushTheCrisis or call 833-582-1970.